Jose L. Rodriguez, M.D., FAANS, FACS
Dr. Jose Rodriguez understands that a patient’s trust is sacred and a bond that is very important to him as he considers his decisions for treatment. Jose believe in the medical axiom, primum non nocere, to first do no harm.
Dr. Rodriguez was guided and influenced by several good individuals in his life. During his medial education the Dean of Medical School at University California Irvine (UCI), neurologist Dr. Stanley van den Noort, help peaked his interest in neuroscience. Dr. Rodriguez and several excellent professors molded a naïve student to become a humble physician. His early experience during a neurology externship at the National Hospital for Nervous Diseases in Queen Square, London, helped further his curiosity. Dr. Rodriguez was guided by Sir Roger Bannister as one of his mentors, and taught then that the “father of neurosurgery”, Sir Victor Horsley, did early pivotal brain research which had a dramatic effect on him. After this very traditional training Dr. Rodriguez completed two years of Internal Medicine residency, and then focused his education in neurosurgery at UCI. He continued focus postgraduate training at UCLA in Arterial Doppler fellowship, and Gamma Knife Radiosurgery at University Pittsburgh Medical Center. Being a physician is a privilege, and Dr. Rodriguez continues to enjoy a rich and fulfilling neurosurgery career. This is especially true having the good fortunate to be associated with a very talented team of neurosurgeons, his current partners at INI.
Education, Training & Qualifications
- Internal Medicine Residency, UCI 1981-1983
- General Surgery Residency, UCI 1983-1984
- Neurological Surgery Residency, UCI 1984-1988
- Board Certified by the American Board of Neurological Surgeons, 1992
- Fellow of the American Collage of Surgeons (FACS)
- GAMMA Knife trained and certified 2008.
- American Association of Neurological Surgeons (AANS)
- Congress of Neurological Surgeons (CNS)
- California Association of Neurological Surgeons (CANS)
- American Medical Association (AMA)
- California Medical Association (CMS)
- Inter-American College of Physician & Surgeon
- Society of Critical Care Medicine
- Kentucky Neurosurgical Society
- Kentucky Medical Association
- Boyd County Medical Association