Dr. Siraj Gibani, M.D.
Dr. Siraj Gibani, a native of the Inland Empire, grew up in West Covina and Pomona, CA. He obtained his BS in biology from California State University of Los Angeles through the Early Entrance Program. He then went on to obtain his MD from Pennsylvania State University in Hershey, PA. He completed a neurosurgical residency in Philadelphia at Temple University Hospital. He then went on to pursue further subspecialty training in minimally invasive and complex deformity spinal neurosurgery at Stanford University Hospital. Dr. Gibani is happily married and enjoys soccer, hiking and swimming in his spare time.
Education, Training & Qualifications
- Bachelor of Science in biology, California State University of Los Angeles.
- M.D. Degree, Pennsylvania State University, Hershey, PA.
- Neurosurgical Residency: Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia, PA.
- Subspecialty Training: Minimally invasive and complex deformity spinal neurosurgery, Stanford University Hospital, Stanford, CA.
- American Association of Neurological Surgeons (AANS)
- Congress of Neurological Surgeons (CNS)
- American Medical Association (AMA)
- Arko, Leopold IV MD; Passer, Joel Z. MD; Ahye, Nicholas MD; Quach, Eric MD; Gibani, Siraj MD; Manoochehri, Shahin MD; Fierst, Tamara M. MD (2016). Journal Club: Pediatric Low-Grade Ganglioglioma: Epidemiology, Treatments, and Outcome Analysis on 348 Children From the Surveillance, Epidemiology, and End Results Database. Neurosurgery. Vol 79 Issue 2 p 306-308.
- Hanrahan, G., Gibani, S. and Miller, K. (2008) Multivariate Chemometrical Classification and Assessment of Lake Tuendae: Mojave Desert Aquatic Environment Housing the Endangered Mojave Tui Chub. Ecological Informatics 3: 334-342.
- Hanrahan, G.; Zhu, J.; Gibani, S.; Patil, D.G. (2005) Chemometrics/Experimental Design, in Encyclopedia of Analytical Science, Second Edition (Paul J Worsfold, Alan Townshend and Colin F Poole, eds.), Elsevier, Oxford, Vol. 2, pp. 8-13.